Thursday, January 18, 2007

Explanation of my blog

Dear Fasahat Khan,
Thank you for your comments to my blogs.
I have not heard of “self-verbalisation phenomenon”. I wish to read something about it and shall be thankful if you could tell me on which site I would find the material.
I wrote the blog on the difference between Hinduism and Islam as a piece of comparative religion. Islam is well known for its strict teaching that there is only one God. There is an impression that Hinduism believes in many Gods, which, when we define God as the absolute is not possible as there cannot be more than one absolute. The so many deities we see are all expressions of that one truth. Ekam Sat Vipraha Bahuta Vadanti - Truth is One but the wise express it variously.
However, Hinduism goes beyond Islam as Islam separates the Creator and the Created whereas Hinduism with its Advaita vision, says everything is one - there is only oneness and this oneness is the consciousness which is inherent in man also and the nature of this oneness, called Brahman (not to be confused with Brahma the Creator) is Sat Chit Ananda - Eternal Joyous Consciousness.
Islam says man is Allah's slave whereas Hinduism says that man is divine, a spark of the absolute. Loyalty is called for from the slave. Loyalty also implies there is more than one to whom loyalty could be given. I believe there are contradictions here in Islamic teachings, or I may be mistaken.
Please enlighten me. I am only a student of these things.
Looking forward to hearing from you ou you may write a blog in rediffiland on the subject so that others can join in and guide.
RegardsK.Venugopal

No comments: